Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creamy White Chicken Chili

This is my favorite soup recipe ever! I've made this so many times and I think my whole neighborhood has tried it. This recipe also freezes well. When I make this I usually make a double batch and freeze half of it. Then I can have this delicious soup on a busy night when I don't have time to make dinner.

Printable Recipe

Creamy White Chicken Chili
1 Tbsp olive oil 
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
32 oz. chicken broth
2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
3 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 cup half and half

In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil. Add chicken, beans, chicken broth, green chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in sour cream and half and half. Heat through. Serve with Fritos, if desired.

Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...