Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sloppy Joes

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe when I first got married. I was pretty new to cooking so being able to make this was a big accomplishment for me. Whenever I make this it reminds me of the beginning of our marriage. 

This is one of our family's favorites. My kids are always so excited when we have Sloppy Joes! This recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.

Printable Recipe

Sloppy Joes
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
hamburger buns

Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover; simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on hamburger buns. 

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...