Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Chocolate Mint Poke Cake

I'll admit I don't do too much for St. Patrick's Day. I'm all about keeping things simple. A leprechaun coming to my house and destroying it doesn't really sound simple to me. The leprechaun did come to our house and he left some treats for my kids. That's about all we did and my kids are perfectly fine with that. But I did make a green dessert for my family. This cake was so delicious. It was so moist and full of flavor. Chocolate and mint is one of my favorite flavors and this cake did not disappoint. It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day or any time of the year!

Printable Recipe

Chocolate Mint Poke Cake
1 chocolate cake mix (9x13 pan size), plus water, oil, and eggs
1 can (14 or 14.5 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (10-12 oz) hot fudge topping
1 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, divided
8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
4-5 drops green food coloring
1 cup Oreos, crushed

Mix and bake cake according to the directions on the box. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.

Pour sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl. Add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and mix well.

Remove lid from the jar of hot fudge and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until it is pourable. Stir in 1/2 tsp peppermint extract.

Once the cake has cooled for 5 minutes, poke several holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure to get it in all the holes. Spread with a spatula if needed. Pour the hot fudge over the cake, making sure to get it in all the holes. Cool the cake completely before continuing.

Stir remaining 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and green food coloring into the Cool Whip. Spread over the cooled cake and sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Chill for several hours before serving.

Makes 20-24 squares

Recipe from Crazy for Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...