Friday, February 20, 2015

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

When I first saw this recipe I was a little skeptical. I love Mexican food and I love Italian food but I wasn't sure about combining the two. I was a little hesitant to make this but I am so glad I did. It was so delicious and packed with flavor.

Printable Recipe

Chicken Enchilada Pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg (16 oz) penne pasta

Toppings:
chopped avocado
sliced green onions
sliced olives
chopped tomatoes
sour cream

Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red bell pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Stir in chicken, green chiles, salt, chili powder, cumin, and green and red enchilada sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream until mixed well and heated through. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve with desired toppings.

Serves 6-8

Recipe adapted from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...