Thursday, February 19, 2015

Epcot

I really liked Epcot but it wasn't my kids' favorite park. There aren't a lot of big rides here and most of the things here are geared towards older kids or adults. But I think Disney has done a great job in making the things that are here a little more kid friendly. To me, Epcot didn't have the same magical feeling that the other parks have. But it definitely was a fun place to go.

Here are some of the highlights of Epcot:

World Showcase
I really loved World Showcase. There are 11 different countries represented in World Showcase and it was so fun to walk from country to country. I really felt like I was actually in that country. I could've stayed there all day because it was such a fun atmosphere but my kids were kind of bored because there are no thrill rides in World Showcase. You can meet a lot of characters in Epcot so that's a great way to keep the kids entertained. There's also an activity for kids called Agent P's World Showcase Adventure where they get to be spies like Agent P.

Rides
Our favorite rides were Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space. We also thought The Seas With Nemo and Friends was really cute. It was a lot like the Ariel ride in Caifornia Adventure and Magic Kingdom. Turtle Talk with Crush was also really fun but it's more of a show than a ride. The rest of the rides were more educational.

International Flower and Garden Festival
If you go in the springtime, you can be there during the flower and garden festival. This was one of my favorite things about Epcot so I would definitely recommend going in the spring. They have topiaries made out of almost every Disney character. It was so fun to look at all of them and take lots of pictures.
Club Cool
This was a fave for sure! In this store, you can get free samples of Coke products from all over the world. It was a hot day so we kept going back. My kids were in heaven because they could drink as much soda as they wanted!

Characters
There are a lot of characters to meet at Epcot. You can meet the main Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. You can also meet a lot of the Disney princesses in the country they're from. My favorite character was Mary Poppins in England. My 6 year old asked her to say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" backwards and she did! Then she said, "Now I do think that's going a bit far, don't you think? Come along children. Spit spot!" I was loving it! She was totally in character and she made our experience so much fun. I also loved Aurora in France and the way she interacted with my girls. My oldest son's favorite character was Duffy the Bear because he's a big fan.
  
 

Fast Pass+ recommendations
The fast passes here are tiered so you can choose one from the first group and two from the second.

Group A:
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Soarin'
Test Track
Living with the Land

Group B:
Captain EO
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
The Seas With Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Epcot Chracter Spot

I would recommend getting a fast pass+ for either Soarin' or Test Track from group A and getting in line for the other ride as early as possible when you get to the park. Both of those lines get long pretty fast. This didn't work out for us because our shuttle didn't get us there until a while after the park opened. So we had to wait in line for about an hour at the end of the day for Test Track. But it was worth it because it was a pretty awesome ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...