Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios is a really fun park with such a fun atmosphere. It kind of reminds me of California Adventure at Disneyland. But if I have to choose, I think I like California Adventure a little better mostly because there's a little more variety there. At Hollywood Studios, the theme throughout the whole park was the same. Most of the rides and attractions are based on movies. But having said that, we definitely had a great time here and I'm sure we'll come back some day.

Here are some highlights of Hollywood Studios:

Rides
We loved all of the rides here. My favorite was Tower of Terror. My boys loved Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with Aerosmith. We also loved Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania, and The Great Movie Ride.
Fast Pass +
The Fast Pass+ is tiered so you can pick one from the first group and two from the second group.

Group A:
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Fantasmic
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
The Great Movie Ride

Group B
Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Star Tours
For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

From Group A, I would recommend picking either Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Toy Story Mania and getting in line early in the day for the other ride. If you're kids aren't into big roller coasters, I would definitely go for Toy Story Mania. That's a really fun ride and you'll probably want to ride it more than once. The line always gets really long for this ride. However, we got in line for Toy Story Mania at the very end of the day and we only had to wait about a half hour and the wait time that was posted was over an hour.

From Group B, we picked Star Tours and Tower of Terror.

Try to schedule your fast passes as early in the day as you can. Once you've used your 3rd fast pass+, you can go to any kiosk in the park and book another. You can keep doing this as long as you've used it or your allotted time frame is expired. After we got off a ride, we checked the wait times on the My Disney Experience app to see which ride had the longest wait. Then we went to a kiosk and booked a fast pass+ for that ride. We did this multiple times throughout the day and it decreased our wait time by a significant amount. Keep in mind that the fast passes for some of the more popular rides go fast so you probably won't be able to book them at the kiosk. That's why it's important to book them as your original fast pass+.

Shows
There are a lot of really fun shows at Hollywood Studios. We loved the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show! We also loved Muppet Vision 3D which is also at California Adventure. One of my favorites was the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It was a live show with Ariel and all of her friends singing all of the songs form The Little Mermaid. It definitely took me back to my childhood and my kids also loved it! Unfortunately these were the only shows we saw because my kids just wanted to ride rides.

I've heard that the Indiana Jones stunt show and the Beauty and the Beast show are also really good. The Frozen sing along was not at Hollywood Studios when we were there but I can guarantee that we would see it if we were there now.

Characters
Hollywood Studios has all of the main Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip n Dale. They also have a lot of the Disney Jr. characters like Sofia the First. My 4 year old was so excited to meet her and then she didn't say a word when she finally got to meet her. My 8 year old was really excited to meet Sorcerer Mickey. This is the only park at Disney World that you get to meet him. My kids also met Phineas and Ferb and that was a huge highlight for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...